Friday, November 5, 2010
Below is my eggplant salad recipe that I recently shared with my son's elementary school multicultural committee's recipe exchange event.
Ingredients (Serves 4) :
6 large egg-plants
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 cloves of garlic
1 dozen black olives
1 pinch of salt
1. Put the lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl.
2. Grill whole egg-plants on gas flame(or wood fire) until they got burnt outside and very soft inside.
3. Hold each egg-plant by the stem under running tap water for 2-3 seconds.Then peel the skin off.Cut the stem off and mash it with a fork.
4. Put it immediately in the bowl,mixing well with lemon juice and olive oil.
5. Add finely chopped onions,crushed garlic,vinegar and salt.
6. Decorate with sliced tomatoes and black olives.
Bon Appetite-Afiyet olsun!